Welcome to Chears (Pvt) Ltd, your number one source for all sewing machines, headphones, earphones, pianos, keyboards and synthesizers. Founded in 1985 (although the company first opened its Garments Factory in 1978), CHEARS has come a long way from its beginnings. We now serve customers island wide (Colombo, Negombo, Kandy, Galle), and are thrilled to be a part of the always evolving sewing and music industries.
We’re dedicated to giving you the best service at the best prices possible, thus we hope you enjoy our products as much as we enjoy offering them to you.
All Products Listed in this store are all Imported directly by our company from its global suppliers for which the company is authorized to sell and service in Sri Lanka or exclusively produced for the company by its OEM approved ISO9001 certified factories in other countries. This will assure our customers the much needed confidence of buying directly from the authorized distributor since we do not carry 3rd party purchased goods in our on-line store. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
A brief time-line of our company.
- 1978 October 10 th. Opened Devi Garments - a Garments factory under the newly introduced open economy concept in 1977 to serve the Local Apparel Industry, thus by becoming a contractor for many Government Institutions including Sri Lanka Army, Salu Sala, Colombo Dockyard, Ceylon Tobacco, Lanka Milk Foods, etc.
- 1983 Godawatta Sons Opened its First Sewing Machine Showroom at Colombo Central Super Market Complex. This was the First SINGER Cash & Carry Dealer appointed by the SINGER Company.
- 1985 Oct. 18th. CHEARS company Opened its first showroom at No.74, Front Street, Colombo 11.
- First to Import OVERLOCK machines from INDIA to Sri Lanka from PARA'S SPECIAL in Ludhiana, India in 1987.
- 1989 Expanded the Garments Factory as MIDI FASHIONS for exporting to international markets, including U.S.A & Germany.
- First Company to Import SUN STAR Sewing Machines from Korea in 1992 to Sri Lanka.
- First Company to Import SHANGGONG (GC15-1 and GN6-5) Industrial Machines from CHINA to Sri Lanka in 1991.
- 1992 Mr. Ruwan Godawatta joined the family business with his parents.
- 1995 Company incorporated as CHEARS (PVT) LIMITED.
- 1998 Second Showroom opened at 165, Old Road, Maharagama.
- 2009 Musical Instruments (Pianos) business started.
- 2012 Became the KAWAI (Japan) Distributor to Sri Lanka.
- 2013 Became the MAQI (China) Distributor to Sri Lanka.
- 2013 Became the KURZWEIL (USA/Korea) Distributor to Sri Lanka.
- 2014 Became to JACK (China) Distributor to Sri Lanka.
- 2014 Opened its first Music Showroom at Liberty Plaza complex and subsequently moved it in 2016 to Majestic City Shopping Mall.
- 2015 Opened the 4 th Showroom at Seeduwa.
- 2016 Became the MEE-AUDIO (USA) Distributor to Sri Lanka.